The Blue Wildebeest, also known as Gnu, is a class 6 bovid. It can be hunted in the Vurhonga Savanna Reserve. It is one of five antelope species besides the Blackbuck, Gemsbok, Springbok and Lesser Kudu.
The Blue Wildebeest, also known as the Gnu, is an African bovid with broad shoulders, cow-like horns, and a broad muzzle. A keystone species in plains and acacia savanna ecosystems, the wildebeest is, in fact, an antelope, despite its various bovine characteristics. The larger of the two wildebeest species, the blue wildebeest is a grazer superbly adapted for migratory existence. They range in mass from 118.00 kg to 290.00 kg and stand 115 - 145 cm tall. Male wildebeest are generally larger than females, while females are lighter in color. Wildebeest are highly gregarious and stay in large groups for most of their lives. Blue wildebeest herds can number the fifties, all the way to the thousands, and their chaotic, raucous stampedes are truly iconic.
|Behaviour||Gregarious and wary|
|Habitat||Short grass plains, dense bush|
|Senses||Excellent sense of smell, good hearing and poor vision|
|Social||Sedentary herds of 6-10 females - males form bachelor groups. Several herds will aggregate when resting and grazing.|
|Active||Early morning, late afternoon|
|Weapon Class 6|
|Difficulty||1 (Trivial) - 5 (Medium)|
Need Zone Times
|00:00 - 03:30||Resting|
|03:00 - 09:30||Feeding|
|09:00 - 12:30||Resting|
|12:00 - 16:30||Resting|
|16:00 - 20:30||Feeding|
|20:00 - 00:30||Drinking|
|Red - Kills immediately|
|Blue - Kills very quick|
|Orange - Kills slowly|
|No Color - Unlikely to kill|
There are 18 ammunition that give full integrity bonus on the Blue Wildebeest.
- 9 Rifle Ammo
- 3 Shotgun ammo
- 3 Handgun ammo
- 3 Archery ammo
Trivia and Patches
- This animal got an unique interaction in the game : Stampede.
- The fur type crowned is only possible for females blue wildebeest at the moment.
- New Animal (Vurhonga Release). (Patch 1.22) [August 30, 2018]
- Tuned down animal senses of Lesser Kudu, Springbok, Blue Wildebeest and, Scrub Hare to levels similar to other reserves. (Patch 1.23) [Sept 5, 2018]
- Added stampede sound for Blue Wildebeest Herds [Audio]. (Patch 1.27) [Nov 28, 2018]
- Fixed issue of not being able to hit Blue Wildebeest’s brain. (Patch 1.33) [April 11, 2019]