Description[edit | edit source]
The Cape Buffalo is a distinctive African buffalo in South and East Africa. They prefer to graze close to water and are only found within 2 km of a water source. They will exhibit activity through the entire day but with resting periods of low activity in the early morning and late afternoon. Aggressive and resilient, the Cape Buffalo has been dubbed the "widow maker" by African hunters and is debatably responsible for the most hunting deaths in Africa on average. Like other African buffalo, the Cape Buffalo is extremely social herd animals that will gather in thousands in the right grazing conditions.
Features[edit | edit source]
|Behaviour||Aggressive and resilient|
|Habitat||Swamps, floodplains, grasslands, and forests|
|Senses||Very good hearing and vision|
|Social||Large mixed-gender herds, smaller family units and some younger bulls will live in smaller bachelor gangs|
|Active||During late morning until afternoon evening|
|Weapon Class 9|
|Difficulty||1 (Trivial) - 9 (Legendary)|
Need Zone Times[edit | edit source]
|0:00 - 5:00||Resting|
|5:00 - 8:00||Feeding|
|8:00 - 12:00||Drinking|
|12:00 - 16:00||Feeding|
|16:00 - 19:00||Resting|
|19:00 - 22:00||Drinking|
|22:00 - 00:00||Feeding|
Shot scheme[edit | edit source]
|Red - Kills immediately|
|Blue - Kills very quick|
|Orange - Kills slowly|
|No Color - Unlikely to kill|
Integrity[edit | edit source]
There are 9 ammunition that give full integrity bonus on the Cape Buffalo.
- 6 Rifle Ammo
- 1 Shotgun ammo
- 1 Handgun ammo
- 3 Archery ammo
Fur variants[edit | edit source]
Trivia and Patches[edit | edit source]
- In real-life, this animal is sometimes referred as the "Widow Maker" or the "Black Death"
- It was the first buffalo species to be feature in the game. The Water Buffalo is the 2nd.
- It is known as "Buffle du Cap" in french.
- New Animal (Vurhonga Release). (Patch 1.22) [August 30, 2018]
- Cape Buffalo difficulty range increased from 1 - 5 to 1 - 9. (Patch 1.23) [Sept 5, 2018]
- Fixed issue where Cape Buffalo and Gemsbok would sometimes keep running after being shot dead. (Patch 1.40) [Sept 18, 2019]