The Harlequin Duck is a class 1 bird. It can be hunted in Yukon Valley. The Harlequin Duck is one of three species of ducks and seven species of birds found in the game, along with the Mallard and the Cinnamon Teal. The others birds are the Canada Goose, the Merriam's Turkey, the Rio Grande Turkey and the Ring-Necked Pheasant.
The harlequin duck is a sea duck that lives primarily in the cold waters of the North Atlantic and Pacific Ocean. Its name comes from the colorful and elaborate plumage of the breeding males and is a reference to the eponymous character from the Italian Commedia dell'arte. They are sometimes nicknamed "sea mice" due to their characteristic squeaks. The harlequin duck is relatively small. Adults can measure up to 50 cm in length, 70 cm in wingspan and tip the scale at roughly 700 grams.
|Habitat||Rocky coastlines and fast, cold water streams|
|Senses||Poor sense of smell and hearing, good eyesight|
|Social||Small mixed groups, but can also be found alone or in mated pairs|
|Active||Feeds all day long with occasional periods of rest|
|Weapon Class 1, Birdshot shotgun ammo, Harlequin Duck Decoys|
There are 8 ammunition that gives full integrity on the Harlequin Duck
- 1 Rifle Ammo (22.)
- 0 Shotgun ammo
- 5 Handgun ammo
- 2 Archery ammo
Trivia and Patches
- The scientific name of the harlequin duck (Histrionicus histrionicus) is together with the name of the Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes), Fallow Deer (Dama dama), Roe Deer (Capreolus capreolus), Bison (Bison bison), Axis Deer (Axis axis) and the Eurasian Lynx (Lynx lynx) a tautonym, that means a scientific name in which both parts of the name have the same spelling.
- They do not make trackable warning and mating calls [The tracking Vocalizations cone do not exist for them]. However, you can hear them quacking and being noisy.
- They were the 3rd duck and the 4th bird species to be huntable in the game. The turkey will become the fifth when the 8th Reserve will come out in June 2020.
- In french, it is called "Canard Harlequin".
- New Animal (Yukon Valley Release). (Patch 1.36) [June 25, 2019]
- It is the only bird with no caller.