The Iberian Wolf is a class 5 predator. It can be hunted in the Cuatro Colinas Game Reserve. It is the second gray wolf subspecies in the game. It is smaller than the Northwestern or Mackenzie Valley Wolf present in Yukon Valley ("Gray Wolf").
The Iberian wolf is a subspecies of the gray wolf, endemic to the Iberian peninsula. Compared to the common Eurasian wolf, it is smaller and more lightly built. Adults measure up to 70 cm tall at the shoulders and 130 cm from head to tail. Mature males weigh up to 55 kg while females tend to weigh between 30 and 40 kg. The Iberian wolf also has a distinctive fur coat, with white marks on the snout and black stripes on the front legs. It is a keystone species of the regions it inhabits, acting as a regulating force on the population of its prey. This subspecies is threatened by human activities, including illegal poaching and destruction of its natural habitat. For this reason, its hunt is restricted by quotas. In the event of a confrontation with wolves, the best course of action is to keep your nerves and appear as intimidating as possible. Walk backwards so as to not get surrounded and avoid actions that indicate fear or submission (couching, goinge prone, turining your back, etc.). The key to survival is standing your ground and not givigng the wolves the opportunity to take you down.
|Behaviour||Social, territorial, defensive|
|Habitat||Forested areas, away from human activity|
|Senses||Legendary sense of hearing and smell, excellent vision|
|Social||Organized and gregarious, live in coordinated packs with internal social structures|
|Active||Mainly dawn and dusk, and intermittent throughout the day|
|Weapon Class 5, Predator "Distressed Fawn" Caller, Predator "Jackrabbit" Caller|
|Species||Canis lupus signatus|
Need Zone Times
|00:00 – 3:30||Drinking|
|03:00 – 07:30||Feeding|
|07:00 – 11:30||Resting|
|11:00 – 15:30||Resting|
|15:00 – 19:30||Resting|
|19:00 – 23:30||Feeding|
|23:00 – 00:30||Drinking|
There are 20 ammunition that give full integrity bonus on the Iberian Wolf.
- 9 Rifle Ammo
- 4 Shotgun ammo
- 4 Handgun ammo
- 3 Archery ammo
- In real life, wolf howls can be heard up to 6 miles (Nearly 10 km) in forests and 10 miles in a open habitat (plains, tundra, etc)
- In the game, the wolf howls that can frequently be heard, can be considered 'ambient sounds' and do not mean there are wolves nearby.
- Wolves in the game growl before they attack you. These growls aren't a trackable sound (they aren't a "warning" or "mating" call)
- The following is not confirmed, but in the game, if you kill the 'alpha wolf' of a pack while being attacked, the other pack members will flee. [Rumors]
- Melanistic wolves are more common in real life amongst north American wolves than European wolves.