The White-tailed Jackrabbit is a small class 1 animal. It can be hunted in the Layton Lake District. The Jackrabbit is one of five species of lagomorphs (hares and rabbites) found in the game, along with the Scrub Hare, European Hare, the European Rabbit and the Antelope Jackrabbit.
The Jackrabbit was released as a free DLC.
The white-tailed jackrabbit is the largest species called "jackrabbit" and is common throughout North America. Though they prefer open grasslands and fields, white-tailed jackrabbits are also found in alpine climate and forested areas. Jackrabbits are typically solitary, but during mating season, groups of males compete for the attention of a female. Due to the stresses of these courting competitions, adult males generally weigh less than females during mating season. They can sprint up to speeds of 55 km (34 miles) per hour when spooked and leap up to 5 m (16 ft). These nimble creatures can be found in most regions of Layton Lake District.
|Behaviour||Docile and somewhat skittish|
|Habitat||Deciduous forests and open fields|
|Senses||Very good hearing and vision|
|Social||Typically solitary. During mating season, groups of males can be found with females in medium-sized groups.|
|Active||During dawn, late afternoon and dusk|
|Weapon Class 1|
|Difficulty||1 (Trivial) - 3 (Very Easy)|
Need Zone Times
|00:00 - 05:30||Resting|
|05:00 - 11:30||Feeding|
|11:00 - 14:30||Drinking|
|14:00 - 16:30||Resting|
|16:00 - 22:30||Feeding|
|22:00 - 00:30||Drinking|
Organs and bones
- There are 8 ammunition that gives full integrity on the White-tailed Jackrabbit
- 1 Rifle Ammo
- 6 Shotgun ammo
- 5 Handgun ammo
- 2 Archery ammo
Trivia and Patches
- In French, it is called "Lièvre de Townsend" after the the one who described the species.
- New Animal (Post-Release of Layton Lakes District). (Patch 1.19) [April 12, 2018]
- Increased Jackrabbit health points. (Patch 1.20) [June 12, 2018]
- Reduced cash reward for Hare, Jackrabbit and Mallard. (Patch 1.24) [Sept 27, 2018]