The Lion is a class 9 feline. It can be hunted in the Vurhonga Savanna Reserve.
Description[edit | edit source]
Embodying the symbols of royalty and poise in human culture around the world, the lion is the second-largest of the cats. Also known as 'King of the Beasts', owing to both the male's distinctive mane and its dominance over other wildlife in its home territory. Lions are muscular and deep-chested, and the density of their muscles severely complicates shot placement and shot penetration. Male lions can weigh upwards of 1 go kg and stand tall at over a metre in height and over 2 metres in length. Lions possess a distinctive roar, which can be as loud as 114 decibels, just over the human pain threshold. Despite the common conception that lions are only found in prides, males are often found in coalitions or as individuals, aggressively defending or marking territory. Lionesses spend most of their time rearing cubs and often hunt more than male lions do. Lions prefer to attack targets from behind, going for the neck. When hunting they stalk, sometimes to within 30 metres before charging at speeds of more than 35 miles an hour. Their diet is dominated by large ungulate species like wildebeest, zebra, kudu and springboks. They're more confident around small targets and react fiercely to sudden movements. They're rarely maneaters, but do attack humans that invade their territory. They may ignore people who give them their distance, however. On a lighter note, lions are notorious sleepers, capable of napping up to 20 hours in a day.
Features[edit | edit source]
|Behaviour||Territorial, curious and confrontational|
|Habitat||Savanna and lightly forested areas|
|Senses||Legendary senses that befit an apex predator|
|Social||Solitary when outside prides, males can form coalitions|
|Active||Dusk to Dawn, briefly in the afternoon|
|Weapon Class 9, Predator "Distressed Fawn" Caller, Predator "Jackrabbit" Caller|
|Difficulty||Trivial (1) - Legendary (9)|
Integrity[edit | edit source]
There are 9 ammunition that give full integrity bonus on the Lion.
- 6 Rifle Ammo
- 1 Shotgun ammo
- 1 Handgun ammo
- 3 Archery ammo
Need Zone Times[edit | edit source]
Fur variants[edit | edit source]
Trailer[edit | edit source]
Trivia and Patches[edit | edit source]
- The Lion (Patch 1.29) [Feb 5, 2019] wasn't part of the original animals of Vurhonga Savanna. It came as a free dlc (update). It was also the case for the Gemsbok (Patch 1.27).
- Fixed a crash when a player harvests another player’s downed Lion in multiplayer (and switches to fur view from X-ray). (Patch 1.30) [Feb 7, 2019]
- Fixed an issue with Lion always stepping forward during a confrontation. (Patch 1.30)
- Fixed issue with Lion making few warning and mating calls. (Patch 1.31) [Feb 28, 2019]
- Fixed issue with King of Rifles side mission where the mission could not be completed by downing a lion or a gemsbok and corrected the objective. (Patch 1.35) [June 3, 2019]
- A number of animation and visual improvements on Lion, Siberian Musk Deer, Bison and Moose. (Patch 1.36) [June 25, 2019]