The Mallard is a small class 1 animal. It can be hunted in the Layton Lake District. The Mallard is one of three species of ducks found in the game, along with the Cinnamon Teal and the Harlequin Duck.
The mallard was released as a free DLC.
The mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) is a medium to large sized dabbling duck with a hefty body, rounded head, and wide flat bill. Males have a dark, iridescent-green head and bright yellow bill, an instantly identifiable trait. Females, on the other hand, are mottled brown and possess orange-brown bills. As to dabbling ducks, mallards feed in the water by tipping forward and grazing on a highly diverse diet of underwater prey and plants. Due to their peculiar feeding habits, they tend to be able to occupy almost any wetland habitat. They are notoriously widespread and can be found on lakes, ponds, marshes, rivers and coastal habitats. Hunting mallards revolve around planning, patience and a little bit of luck. They will usually spend their days between two bodies of water, one that they use for resting, preening and socialization and the other they use as their feeding ground. They can be found either at one of these two locations or traveling between them. Mallards are noticeably smaller than geese but significantly larger than the teal.
|Behaviour||Vocal and social|
|Habitat||Swamps, ponds, lakes, rivers|
|Senses||Very good hearing, okay sense of vision, poor sense of smell|
|Social||Mixed groups with one dominant male, some males remain solitary|
|Active||Dawn, early morning, night|
|Recommended Equipment||Weapon Class 1, Beacon Deluxe Duck Caller, Mallard Decoys|
|Difficulty||1 (Trivial) - 3 (Very Easy)|
There are 8 ammunition that gives full integrity on the Mallard
- 1 Rifle Ammo
- 6 Shotgun ammo
- 5 Handgun ammo
- 2 Archery ammo
- The Mallard is one of three species of ducks found in the game, along with the Cinnamon Teal and the Harlequin Duck.
- The Malllard is one of 9 huntable birds in the game. The others are the Canada Goose, the Cinnamon Teal, the Harlequin Duck, the Merriam's Turkey, the Rio Grande Turkey, the Eastern Wild Turkey, the Bobwhite Quail, and the Ring-Necked Pheasant.
- Their quacking sounds can be heard in the game but no vocalization cone will be emitted. Also when you call the mallards, you will make only female vocalizations.
- The Mallard was the first (1st) duck species and the second bird to appear in the game. The Cinnamon Teal and Harlequin Duck then arrived followed by the Turkey.
- A "Drake" is a nickname for a male mallard, and a "Hen" is a nickname for a female.
- Male have colorful wings and a green head although it isn't year round. It is to attract females.
- In French, a Mallard Duck is a "Canard Colvert"
- In real life, there are three common calls that are done with a Mallard Hen call: Quack, Hail, and Feeding Chuckle. In game, only the quack and hail can be made with the duck call.
- New Animal (Post-Release Layton Lakes). (Free Animal Update in Patch 1.24) [Sept 27, 2018]
- Added message to only place Mallard Duck decoys in places where they will attract ducks. (Patch 1.25) [October 1, 2018]
- Added wakes to Mallard Ducks when swimming. (Patch 1.25)
- Fixed issue with Mallard Ducks circling in air. (Patch 1.25)
- Expanded the total size of the mallard need zones - mallards will land, rest, and feed at more areas throughout the reserve. (Patch 1.25)
- Fixed an issue with Mallard Ducks not fleeing after being spooked for the second time. (Patch 1.26) [October 9, 2018]
- Fixed issue with Mallards unable to find a landing position. (Patch 1.27) [November 28, 2018]
- Updated mallard need zones and spawn zones. (Patch 1.29) [Feb 5, 2019]
- Fixed issue of common female mallard ducks appearing as males when placed as trophies. (Patch 1.34) [May 7, 2019]
- Fixed issue with Mallard Ducks not counting towards completing Wildlife Paparazzi and Bucket List achievements. (Patch 1.39) [August 1, 2019]