Far from civilization and a challenge for hunters, adventurers and scientists alike, the Taiga, with its frozen valleys, mountains, and unreliable weather conditions, will put your navigation and tracking skills to the test. Hunters looking for a variety of game will not be disappointed as the Siberian mainland is home to solid populations of brown bear, moose, reindeer, lynx, and the curious musk deer and wild boar.
The Medved-Taiga National Park is included in a paid DLC and can be purchased for 7.99€/$.
Location[edit | edit source]
The Medved Taiga National Park is located in Siberia, a northern part of Asia.
Regions[edit | edit source]
|Ledyanoy Bay||Rybatskiy Bay|
|P'yanaya Taiga||Lesnye Lands|
|Zverolova Hill||Zverolova Hill|
|Besplodnoye Plateau||Mamontovaya Tundra|
|Vetrenyye Plains||Dikiy Coast|
Huntable animals[edit | edit source]
Recommended Weapons[edit | edit source]
|Musk Deer||Ranger .243|
|Reindeer||7mm Regent Magnum|
|Eurasian Brown Bear||.300 Canning Magnum|
Missions and Measures[edit | edit source]
The open world of Medved-Taiga National Park measures 25 square miles (64 square kilometers), the same impressive size as Hirschfelden and Layton Lake District. It features a brand new, exciting narrative with 32 missions, 50 side missions and countless unique sights to discover.
You take the role of an expert survivalist and hunter contracted to assist Alena Khasavovna and her scientific expedition. In addition to being a highly-trained climatologist, Alena hails from a reindeer herding people native to the region, offering her a unique insight into its challenges. The expedition is off to a bad start, and it's up to you to gather your group, help the locals and make sure everyone gets through the expedition in one piece. But it won’t be easy. Not everyone – and everything – wants you to succeed.
Trailer[edit | edit source]
Transcript: "Before we go any further, you should know, my expedition requires a serious professional, an experienced hunter. I need someone who does not fear the cold, harsh Taïga. From the banks of the Frozen Bay to the Drunken Forests, the Mammoth Tundra, someone who respect the sacred Reindeer, the proud Moose and the rare Musk Deer, someone who can outwit the Lynx and turn it from predator to prey and someone who is not afraid to face the Brown Bear. I need someone who can see even through the storm and stands tall on ice as it's cracking all around you, maybe someone like you... I hope you brought a warm coat!"
Patches[edit | edit source]
- Medved (Patch 1.12 as a paid DLC)
- Fixed an issue where players could fall through the ice in Medved Taiga. (Patch 1.17)
- Updated the playable area in Medved Taiga. (Patch 1.17)
- All Outposts now feature interiors that can be entered to rest. (Patch 1.17)
- Fixed an issue with Medved-Taiga’s opening cinematic dialogue being cut off. (Patch 1.20)
- Fixed issue in Medved-Taiga that would spawn the wrong “boss” animal. (Patch 1.22)
- Fixed issue with blood tracks being very hard to see in Medved-Taiga. (Patch 1.22)
- Fixed issue preventing players to complete side mission achievements in Medved Taiga (Xbox One & PlayStation 4). (Patch 1.22)
- Fixed issue with POIs on map disappearing in Medved-Taiga. (Patch 1.24)
- Updated story missions in Medved Taiga to use waypoints. (Patch 1.40)
- Fixed some cases of floating vegetation in Medved Taiga. (Patch 1.41)
- Various fixes to Medved Taiga main missions, following the retrofitting of the missions with waypoints. (Patch 1.41)