The Scrub Hare is a class 1 animal. It can be hunted in the Vurhonga Savanna Reserve. The Scrub Hare is one of five species of lagomorphs (hares and rabbits) found in the game, along with the White-Tailed Jackrabbit, the European Hare, the European Rabbit and the Antelope Jackrabbit.
The scrub hare is primarily found throughout Southern Africa and prefer savanna woodlands and scrub areas. Scrub hares are nocturnal but are often found grazing and foraging in the early morning and around dusk. And while scrub hares are typically solitary, groups of males can sometimes be found actively, competing for the attention of a single female. Due to the stresses of these courting competitions, adult males generally weigh less than females. Like other hare species, the scrub hare relies on its coloration to escape detection and its speed to escape predators in active pursuit.
Need Zone Times
|00:00 - 04:30||Drinking|
|04:00 - 09:30||Feeding|
|09:00 - 12:30||Resting|
|12:00 - 15:30||Resting|
|15:00 - 20:30||Feeding|
|20:00 - 00:30||Resting|
|Behaviour||Jumpy when threatened but otherwise docile|
|Habitat||Scrub, tall grasslands and savanna woodlands|
|Senses||Very good hearing and vision|
|Social||Typically solitary. During mating season, groups of males can be found with females in medium-sized groups|
|Active||During dusk, dawn and night|
|Weapon Class 0|
|Difficulty||1 (Trival) - 3 (Very Easy)|
|Red - Kills immediately|
|Blue - Kills very quick|
|Orange - Kills slowly|
|No Color - Unlikely to kill|
*Note: The actual health of a hare is so low, that even hits in the leg or ear will kill it. This can be considered a bug
There are 9 ammunition that gives full integrity on the Scrub Hare
- 1 Rifle Ammo
- 3 Shotgun ammo
- 2 Handgun ammo
- 3 Archery ammo
Trivia and Patches
- It was the second lagomorph (Hares and Rabbits) to be introduced to the game after the White-Tail Jackrabbit. The European Hare was the third.
- It is called "Lièvre des buissons" in french.
- New Animal (Vurhonga Release). (Patch 1.22) [August 30, 2018]
- Tuned down animal senses of Lesser Kudu, Springbok, Blue Wildebeest and, Scrub Hare to levels similar to other reserves. (Patch 1.23) [Sept 5, 2018]
- Fixed an issue with chestnut scrub hares not showing their fur type [Gameplay Improvements]. (Patch 1.24) [Sept 27, 2018]
- Reduced cash reward for Hare, Jackrabbit and Mallard. (Patch 1.24)