The Side-Striped Jackal is a class 2 omnivore. It can be hunted in the Vurhonga Savanna Reserve.
The Side-Striped Jackal is a mostly nocturnal, opportunistic omnivore found predominantly in Tropical Africa. It prefers the moist, wooded areas of east, west and central Africa and stays away from the rainforests of the same regions. Easily distinguishable from its other Jackal relatives, the Side-Striped Jackal wears its eponymous stripe from elbow to hip, has shorter legs and shorter ears. Males and females are indistinguishable from a distance, except the fact that males are generally larger. The Side-Striped Jackal mates for life and mated pairs are aggressively territorial. They rarely go over 12.00 kg in weight or 50 cm in shoulder height.
|Behaviour||Skittish and occasional defensive|
|Habitat||Woodlands, Bush, Grassland, Marshes (Any area with good cover)|
|Senses||Excellent smell, good hearing, excellent vision|
|Social||Mixed familial groups up to 12, or solitary males and females|
|Active||Mainly nocturnal, sometimes daytime-active (All times of day/night)|
|Weapon Class 2|
|Difficulty||1 (Trivial) - 9 (Legendary)|
Need Zone Times
|00:00 - 04:30||Feeding|
|04:00 - 11:30||Resting|
|11:30 - 15:30||Drinking|
|15:00 - 18:30||Resting|
|18:00 - 22:30||Feeding|
|22:00 - 00:30||Drinking|
|Red - Kills immediately|
|Blue - Kills very quick|
|Orange - Kills slowly|
|No Color - Unlikely to kill|
There are 13 ammunition that gives full integrity on the Side-Striped Jackal
- 4 Rifle Ammo
- 2 Shotgun ammo
- 3 Handgun ammo
- 4 Archery ammo
Trivia and Patches
- It was the third of 5 canids to be featured in the game.
- It is called "Chacal à flancs rayés" in french.
- New Animal (Vurhonga Release). (Patch 1.22) [August 30, 2018]
- Side-Striped Jackal difficulty range increased from 1 - 5 to 1 - 9. (Patch 1.23) [Sept 5, 2018]
- Fixed issue with warning calls not being displayed for Fox, Coyote and Jackal (User Interface Improvement). (Patch 1.24) [Sept 27, 2018]